Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mecha mecha mecha robot robot robot!!!

Finally, I'm back!!
I've been lazy for all the while, but here I am to post something.
As if anyone would stumble up here and read this post, haha.
Okay, get to the point.
What I'm up to these days? Ah, nothing much to share.
I realised something last week. Its 2009 already, 30 years after 1979.
Yes, Mobile Suit Gundam is 30 years old already!!What an achievement!!
For your information, MSG was first aired in 1979. The story's about the war between the Earth Federation and
the Principality of Zeon. Since then, more and more Gundams emerge in the 80's and 90's up until the
now. The most recent Gundam series is MS Gundam 00(2007/2008).

Gundam IS the greatest robot anime. The first 'real-robot' genre anime. That's because most
robot animes at that time(1970s) are classified as 'Super Robot' animes. Why I love it?
The plot, the characters, and the robots of course. It has dark and complicated plotlines, in which
the good and the bad aren't made crystal clear. Its totally up to the audience to decide who's the
good guy and the bad guy.

I'd also say the anime is a very heart-touching one. Beats most of the dramas and movies in tvs (TVB haha).
Take MSG 0080(1989) for example, the
heart-touching plot makes people cry. However, there's one sad thing to say. The new era
Gundams sound doesn't quite like Gundam already. Even though the graphics and images
look very cool, but its lacking essence, the plot itself. I'd say none of these 200X series beats the series in the 80's.

To commemorate the 30th annieversary of the series, the Japanese actually built a life size RX-78-2 Gundam!!!
Yes, 1:1 scale, 18metres tall!! Google it and see it for yourself!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment