Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Friends

Have you any friends?
It'd be unusual to say no.
Everyone has friends, no matter how many they have.
I did not live a constant life during childhood.
This was due to the fact I, kept moving houses;
so do my schools change, and ultimately my friends, of course.

I had studied in 3 primary schools, and 3 secondary schools.
A lot things to experience, a lot of stories to tell.
I had distinct memories with different friends, in other words
each of my friends gave me a memory different from others,
from the way we spent our time, chatted and played.
This is not funny, I have to accept the fact that
friends around me come and go, come and go, and so on.

Well, this is life, right? We all go through the same process,
the only difference is that I 'change' friends more
frequently than any other people.

Its kinda fun when you stick your group of best friends
for the entire school life. It happened to my friends.
It does not happen to me.
I remembered when I transferred
school when it I was 10, it was the second time. The first time
was when I was 7; however, I only felt the effect during the
second time because I missed my friends so much. So sad that
I had to be far apart from them.

After that, I managed to make some new friends, at least for a year
before I changed to another class the following year. I made friends
again, and we separated after we graduated primary school. Made
no contacts as we didn't exchange numbers.

And I went through the same thing again in Form 1,
almost everyone in class had their own gang, except for
me and another boy. We befriended each other,
sharing ur life in primary school, and telling how much we
missed our friends and wanted to be with them.
As a result, we got along quite well and we became close.
We spent our time together like reading, studying and gaming.
However, everything was short-lived, because he was moving
back to his old home and as well as transferring back with his friends.
It was too late to say anything; we were both feeling sad.
Communication between us was impossible because we
had no phones and e-mails. IM's(Instant messaging)
were not common that time(at least to me).
That's how another friendship ended.

It happened again, yes, again during Form 4. I transferred again.
By the time, I had gotten used to it, and I did not feel as
bad as before, probably I kept contact with my friends,
though not frequently.
In that year alone, I transferred to another school and back
to the previous one. How 'fun' to travel around.
By the time, I thought I had a curse, for any friendships I had
will not last more than 3 years; however, now I know its not
true.

Now, I keep making new friends in new environments, but I do not
lose friends. Maybe because I make use of the technology to
communicate, I have more commitment in keeping in touch with them,
I learn how to keep in touch or I value friends more now.

What I can conclude from all these is friends come and go
wherever you are. Keeping frequent contact with them is essential,
as I do not hope we lose our precious friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment