Sunday, May 2, 2010

Melting the ice from the inside

I'm back. I decided to post something after resting for so long. I've awaken, finally. At last I can post something up here.. So, this will do for now.

Did you ever notice something peculiar about me? More specifically, the way I behave when I'm in a group of people. My social skills.
I believe most of the people whom I know have felt the coldness in me. Talking to me is like talking to a dead person. And if you actually take the time to notice,
how many times I've actually initiated a conversation? Most of the time, I just answered to whatever you asked.

You: Hi
Me: hi, how are you?
You: fine, you?
Me: I'm fine too, thanks. xD

conversation ended. ( If I really talked more than that, consider yourself lucky)

I know this sucks, but I don't really know why am I like this. I wished I could talk more to other people, but I just don't know how. I'm like this since I was a kid. I was a shy kid. Now I feel very stressed facing people around me. I bet there're people who says that I'm unfriendly behind my back.I really want everyone to know I'm not really what I look like from the outside. There's warmth inside the icy cold heart. I'm not completely frozen.

I still remember I made a promise to myself during the leadership camp in Gopeng, which is to become more 'warm-hearted'(everyone had to 'find' something which they are lack of). From that day onwards, I tried to change myself and kept on reminding myself to keep up to my promise. After struggling a lot, I've become more talkative, and I also feel that I can socialize better now, although I'm still in the process to become a warm and friendly person. There's something you can do to help. I want to be friendlier, but the warmth itself is not enough to melt the ice. I realize I have my own limitations. I can't accomplish this all by myself. So, what you can do is to break the ice from the outside, while I'm melting it from the inside.

2 comments:

  1. i just realised that i haven't commented yet... hahaha... you might have noticed that i changed your little facebook profile "say something about yourself" box thingamajigg. that was when you gave me access to your account =) AHAHA.

    i do believe you've become a delightfully warm person (although the warmth has to be kind of searched for) who everybody loves =)
    you know who i'm talking about ahahahaha =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa... i didn't notice u changed it!!!
    not SHY... XDXD

    haha, yeah.... i know who.... @__@ thanks

    ReplyDelete